Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Success!!

WOW!
What a night!
I don't even know where to begin...
Mardi Bras was GREAT! Fantastic! An all around good time...Better than CATS!

We're still adding up some of the receipts, but the prelim total is already more than we expected.

Everyone involved with this worked so incredibly hard. The artists were brilliant, the sponsors gave awesome prizes, the models were GORGEOUS, the MC's were on the ball and so funny, the DJ set the tone perfectly, the bartenders, the caterer, and I'm including everyone who bought raffle tickets, dressed up came all the way downtown to be part of our audience in this equation too. It was SO much FUN!

I think the thing that amazed me the most was the outpouring of generosity, not just from friends and family, but from complete strangers who came forward and just said "hey, what can I do?" Until last night, I'd never met most of our models, some of our artists and a good chunk of our guests. And I have to say it was a pleasure getting to know everyone of you! I love meeting new people and I've had the luck of finding all of the best ones! :)

I'm going to keep updating the blog as we get more photos. We had a wonderful photographer volunteer, named Simon Baker, and I can't wait to see what he took from the event.

One of the things I do have photos of at the moment is the CAKE!! Candace Gomes of Cakes By Candace created and donated this GORGEOUS bustier cake that the King and Queen of Mardi Bras got to cut at midnight! The only thing that made it worth cutting into this piece of culinary ART was how delicious the rich chocolate cake inside turned out to be!



WOW!
Thank you so much Cakes By Candace!!

There are SO many people I need to thank properly in this blog, and as I get the photos sorted out I certainly will. So check back often, and in the meantime, Thanks so much to everyone!
It was a great night and certainly one to do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment